We don't just offer any property - we conduct a strict property selection criteria. And only after it passes our investment grade "test" we then negotiate a "group purchase" deal that is exclusive to members of affiliated unions and organisations.
Some of the criteria include the following:
- Who is the developer?
- Are they reputable?
- Do they have a strong track record?
- Do they use quality builders?
- For “off the plan” we look at fixture and fittings schedule (not only what’s included, but what might be missing?).
- We analyse design and orientation – to “cherry pick” the best available.
- Must be close to public transport – in particular tram or train
- Proximity to shops, cafes & restaurants
- Proximity to recreational and lifestyle facilities
- We analyse pricing to ensure appropriate to suburb and realistic in today’s market – not speculating on future value at settlement that many off the plan developments spruik.
- We track the capital growth history for the suburb the development is located to assess long term growth potential.
- We assess potential rental demand (and price) and establish that there will be an underlying long term rental demand for type of property offered.
- We have the contract checked by our legal partners to ensure there are no abnormalities or loopholes that protect the interest of the developers – but not yours!
- We check where possible whether there are any other developments approved, proposed or underway that may have an adverse effect on the property and its future potential growth.
Essentially we conduct a thorough “due diligence” process before the property is offered for your consideration.